Monday, November 23, 2009

Osaka

The day Sean and myself went to Osaka we checked into our hotel and found it without too much of an issue because the directions I was able to decipher better then the previous. We were staying in Super Hotel Osaka City and I will just have to say that those hotels are impressive. After we checked in we walked around the city of osaka around our hotel and then decided to go to Universal Studios Osaka. After much consideration from myself because it is so expensive we went in. Not much to say but that its exactly the same but in japanese, the people were very interesting to see because of the vast amount of school kids. Never the less it was a good day. After which we went back to the hotel to pass out.

The next day after some conversation the previous evening sean and I decided to go to Himeji and Kobe this day. Himeji was fantastic being my favorite castle through out the trip. Very huge and pretty and white. The castle itself is very well known because it is so white.

After the castle we took the train into kobe where we wandered the docks and decided to watch the sun set from kobe tower. At the top of tower I sat down for a break and ended up talking to an old gentleman who I could barely understand but could loosely tell that he was asking me if i liked japanese and french food because kobe has a lot of french food a long with its world famous steaks.

We decided to wonder toward china town where we so happend upon a kobe steak restaurant this being the first one we found I said whatever lets eat here though the prices extreme I expected this. I also expected a very very small portion. But it was well worth it something to knock off my bucket list because it was incredible. After wards we walked around china town and decided to try the cheaper steak which was good but nothing in mere comparison to the magnificent 60$ steak i purchased from the previous place. This place had steaks ranging from 40 to 120$ or 12000 yen. We then made the trek back to our hotel.

The next day was our Osaka exploration day. Sean and I went to Osaka Castle and explored that. This castle being a remodeled castle in recent years because it was wrecked during WWII. Never the less it had some interesting art and really cool 3D videos on one of the floors. After we explored the castle sean and I split up. I decided to go to the floating garden in osaka which was incredibly tall and very cool. There I watched the sun set and took several videos and photos and if I can ever get to it to be put together I will post online. After then I went and played around in osaka yodabashi and went back to the hotel.

In my next post I will talk about Nara.

No comments:

Post a Comment