Friday, September 18, 2009

Rollin' in Yen

 
Quick post, today was a good day. I got my last taste of seattle before the trip. Went to Jalpak to pick up my Japan Rail Pass, a discounted pass for travelling about the country by train. I have a 9 days off at the end of October into november where we can go travel about the country and see all the sites outside of the surrounding areas where I will be living.
The photo above is my yen and rail pass I got 40000 yen which is about 440$ american and the rail pass was 312$.
I will be posting lots and lots of photographs, I've purchased a brand new Canon t1i and a Nikon S560 for snapshots. So expect things.
Though I am always worrying about money it feels like I've dropped 800 dollars on nothing it will show itself while I am there. I also basically get that money back with my last paycheck and the 300$ rebate from my camera (whenever that gets here) I'll make sure to contact as many people as possible while I'm abroad and hope to hear from all my friends and family.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment